Lead Statistician, CMISST
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, Room 227 2901 Baxter Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48109
fax (734) 647-3330
- MS, Biostatistics, Grand Valley State University, 2012
- BS, Biology, Grand Valley State University, 2010
Research Interests/Areas of Expertise/Responsibilities
Patrick Bowman joined UMTRI in 2012 as a statistician for the Center for the Management of Information for Safe and Sustainable Transportation (CMISST). He performs analyses on various crash databases, identifying injury patterns and creating statistical models. He specializes in data linkage and has performed both direct and probabilistic linkage using crash and medical datasets while at UMTRI. He also supports XML schema development for state crash datasets. Mr. Bowman is a consultant for the Michigan Office of Highway Safety Planning and works on Michigan Traffic Crash Facts, which presents detailed information on Michigan’s year-end crash data.
- Association of Transportation Safety Informational Professionals (ATSIP)
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Mu Sigma Rho – National Honorary Society for Statistics
- “Best Traffic Records Web Page” for Michigan Traffic Crash Facts, Association of Transportation Safety Information Professionals (ATSIP), 2012, 2014
- Richard H. Austin Long-Term Service Award for Michigan Traffic Crash Facts Website and Technical Assistance, Governor’s Traffic Safety Advisory Commission (GTSAC), 2020
Statistical consultant and presenter for Michigan Traffic Crash Facts (www.MichiganTrafficCrashFacts.org) for the Michigan Office of Highway Safety Planning. Michigan Traffic Crash Facts hosts year-end Michigan crash data with a publication section and a data query tool. The website is available to the public and is widely used by transportation professionals and law enforcement around the state.
Gardening, reading, vocal performance, travel