UMTRI researchers are exploring the transition of traffic control systems to next generation control with CAVs. Connected vehicle trajectories are utilized to estimate traffic states and perform detector-free signal control.
- Di X, Fabusuyi T, Simek C, Chen X, & Hampshire RC (2019) Inferred Switching Behavior in Response to Re-entry of Uber and Lyft: A Revealed Study in Austin, TX. Transport Findings.
- Fabusuyi T, and Hill V. (2018) Designing an integrated smart parking application. Transport Research Procedia.
- Fabusuyi T, Hampshire R, & Qian S. (2018) Profiling Commuters’ Travel Behavior in the Pacific States of the Continental United States. Transport Research Procedia DOI:/10.2139/srrn.3139213
- Fabusuyi T, and Hampshire RC. (2018) Rethinking Performance Based Parking Pricing: A Case Study of SFpark Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice Volume 115, pp 90-101.
- Feng Y, Florence D, Balke K, Leblanc D, Wu G, Adla R, Guenther H-J, Hussein S, Moradi-Pari E, Naes T, Probert N, Vijaya K, Vivek, Williams R, Yoshida H, Yumak T, Deering R, Goudy R(June 2019) Traffic Optimization for Signalized Corridors (TOSCo) Phase 1 Project – Traffic-level Simulation and Performance Analysis Report. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). https://pronto-core-cdn.prontomarketing.com/
- Feng Y, Huang S, Chen QA, Liu HX, and Mao ZM. (2018) Vulnerability of traffic control system under cyber-attacks using falsified data. Transportation Research Record 2672(1):1-11.
- Feng Y, Yu C, Liu HX (2018) Spatiotemporal intersection control in a connected and automated vehicle environment. Transportation Research Part C Emerging Technologies 89:364-383.
- Feng Y, Zamanipour M, Head KL, Khoshmagham S. (2016) Connected vehicle based adaptive signal control and applications. Transportation Research Record 2558:11-19.
- Feng Y, Zheng J, and Liu HX. (2018) A real-time detector-free adaptive signal control with low penetration of connected vehicles. Transportation Research Record 2672(18):35-44.
- Goudy R, Deering R, Guenter H, Vijaya KV, Adla R, Hussain S, Williams R, Yoshida H, Yumak T, Moradi-Pari E, Naes T, Proert N, Das N, Balke K, Feng Y, Florence D, and LeBlanc D. (2019) Traffic Optimization for Signalized Corridors (TOSCo) Phase 1 Project Report. Federal Highway Administration. Washington D.C. https://pronto-core-cdn.prontomarketing.com
- Khoshmagham S, Head KL, Feng Y, Zamanipour M. (2016) Multi-modal data analytics comparative visualization tool: a case study of pedestrian crossing design. Transportation Research Record. 2557: 44-54.
- Ou J, Yang S, Feng Y, and Wang Y. (2019) Freeway travel time estimation based on the General Motors model: a genetic algorithm calibration framework. IET Intelligent Transport Systems.
- Yang S, Wu Y-J, Yin Z, Feng Y. (2016) Estimating freeway travel times using General Motors model. Transportation Research Record 2594:83-94.
- Yang Z, Feng Y, Gong X, Zhao D, and Sun J. (2019) Eco-trajectory planning with consideration of queue along congested corridor for hybrid electric vehicles. Transportation Research Record
- Yu B, Bao S, Chen Y, Chen Y (2019) Using 3D Mobile Mapping to Evaluate Intersection Design Through Drivers’ Visual Perception. IEEE Access 7(1):19222-19231.
- Yu C, Feng Y, Liu HX, Ma W, and Yang X. (2018) Integrated optimization of traffic signals and vehicle trajectories at isolated urban intersections. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 112:89-112.
- Zamanipour M, Head KL, Feng Y, Khoshmagham S. (2016) Efficient priority control model for multi-modal traffic signal. Transportation Research Record 2557:86-99