Researchers at UMTRI are committed to safe, equitable and efficient transportation and mobility for all and that begins by deepening our understanding of the social and behavioral issues that impact driver behavior.
Using innovative research approaches, UMTRI’s researchers:
- Evaluate the effects of public policy and intervention programs that promote safe driving
- Expand knowledge of the social and behavioral factors related to high-risk driving behavior
- Investigate social, behavioral, and cognitive factors related to Intelligent Transportation System technologies
- Prevent traffic injuries and fatalities through the development of programs that intervene against factors related to high-risk driving behavior
- Understand the relationship between public policy and social and behavioral factors in transportation