Assistant Research Scientist, CMISST
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, Room 230, 2901 Baxter Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48109
fax (734) 647-3330
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2016; concentration in transportation systems engineering and minor in computational econometrics.
- MS, Civil Engineering, University of Connecticut
- BCE, Jadavpur University
Dr. Misra’s research interests include bicycle and pedestrian safety, citizen science, smart and connected cities, and data-driven learning. She is also deeply motivated by fundamental research in travel-behavior-model development and methodological improvements. Her doctoral research focused mainly on nonmotorized transportation and travel-behavior modelling using crowdsourced, innovative data-collection methods. Through her research, she gained extensive experience in nonstandardized data handling and management, GIS and transportation-data analytics, and discrete choice modelling. She has also worked on projects related to toll-lane usage and equity aspects of smartphone-based information sharing.
- Fellow, Data Science for Social Good, Atlanta,
- Airsage Pass Scholarship
- Foley Scholar finalist
- Wang Fellowship, Georgia Tech
- Member, Development Committee of Georgia Tech Women Alumni Network. Women’s Issues in Transportation Committee, Transportation Research Board
- Member, Bicycle and Pedestrian Data Subcommittee, Transportation Reserach Board
- Board member, American Society of Engineering Education (Georgia Tech Chapter)
- Graduate Student Advisory Council for the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Georgia Tech