March 14, 2010
UMTRI faculty involved in truck and bus research will share their activities in a new Truck Talk speaker series. The informal series is part of UMTRI's new commercial vehicle initiative.
The Commercial Vehicle Research and Policy Program is designed to serve as a focal point for truck and bus research at UMTRI and facilitate collaboration with other university units.
As part of the speaker series, UMTRI researchers will give informal presentations about their work and interests related to commercial vehicles. The talks are designed to facilitate communication and interchange among researchers and will be followed by a meeting to discuss and develop the initiative. Initially, the presentations and meetings will take place every Wednesday at 11 a.m.
- March 24: Matthew Reed, "Truck Ergornomics." Location: Second-floor conference room, #242.
- March 31: Dan Blower, "Vehicle Condition and Heavy Truck Crashes." Location: McCormick Conference Room.
- NOTE: No meeting week of April 5
- April 14: Paul E. Green. Location: McCormick Conference Room.
- NOTE: No meeting week of April 19
- April 28: Lidia Kostyniuk. Location: McCormick Conference Room.
- May 5: Bruce Belzowski. Location: McCormick Conference Room.
- May 12: John Sullivan. Location: McCormick Conference Room.
- May 19: Brad Liu (tentative): Location: McCormick Conference Room.