ITS Michigan Meeting, May 16-17
May 6, 2007
Meet fellow ITS professionals and learn about VII
The annual meeting and exposition of the Michigan chapter of the Intelligent Transportation Society takes place May 16-17 at Rock Financial Showplace in Novi, Michigan. The theme is ﾓProving the VII Conceptﾔ and the meeting features the most up-to-date assembly of products, technologies, concepts, and demonstrations of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and vehicle infrastructure integration (VII) in the Midwest.
UMTRI director Peter Sweatman will moderate a University Roundtable session on May 16 and copresent an update on VII in Michigan on May 17.
Technologies on display will include:
- VII demonstrations, including test vehicles used in UMTRIﾒs integrated vehicle-based safety systems (IVBSS) field operational test
- Integrated vehicle control and safety systems
- Real-time travel information technology
- Traffic control systems and equipment
- Variable message signs
- Wireless communication systems
- Pavement condition information systems
- Weather information systems
- Video communication
For more information on the meeting, see the ITS-Michigan website.